This week the VrTech Startup Competition shared more details about the 2nd annual award and the application process. It follows a triumphant first edition that saw 40 applicants compete for the only award recognized by the Vacation Rental Industry. This year’s highly anticipated competition is an incredible opportunity for young and innovative tech companies looking to ascend the vacation rental industry. Read on for exclusive insights.
Who can participate?
The VrTech Startup Competition is open to young software companies that are creating innovative tech solutions for the vacation rental industry. 3 chosen finalist will present their business idea for 10 minutes in front of industry professionals at the Vacation Rental World Summit in Lake Como on the 6th-7th of October. The winner will be chosen by the crowd composed of property managers and owners.
What are the benefits?
It goes without saying that this competition will bring visibility and business opportunities for the participants but thanks this year’s sponsors, HOWZAT and VRM Intel, prices include:
- Access to HOWZAT partners’ investment fund large network of contacts
- A tech consultancy day with the head of tech DD at HOWZAT partners
- 2 tickets for the Slush Start-up conference in Helsinki (Dec 4-5)
- A workshop day with one of HOWZAT Partners founders
- A free Advert and Article in the VRM Intel Magazine, a quarterly publication mailed to 1000s of VR Professionals
How to enter competition?
Participants of the VrTech Competition 2018 must submit their deck before the 1st of July. Applications will be graded based on the solution proposed, their team, marketing initiatives and professionalism by a star-studded panel of judges that includes Simon Lehmann, Amy Hinote, Sascha Hausmann and Cliff Johnson.
What are the rules?
- Only companies founded after the 1st of January 2015 can participate
- The service provided must be technology aimed at Vacation Rental owners and professionals. (Listing sites or property management systems are not allowed to participate.)
- The selected three finalist, must commit to present at the Vacation Rental World Summit in Lake Como on the 6th-7th of October. Their tickets will be paid. They only need to take care of accommodation and transport. Failing to comply with this rule will mean loosing the chance to compete again or present at any VrTech Event.
VrTech Competition 2017
The first Competition of the vacation rental industry was a huge success. Out of the 40 entries, the following three won a spot in the final round held in Florence:
KnownFactors – Business Intelligence Solutions
Igloohome – SmartKey and KeyBox Provider
HelloHere – the Winner, an innovative Welcome App that provides guests with the essentials and more. “The title helped us increase brand awareness in the industry, raise capital and reach new customers,” says Piotr Kubiczek, CEO at Hello Here, “It was a great step forward.”
Vote for your favorite!
This year one of the finalist will be chosen by you, the public! By supporting your favorite startup, you can help them reach the final at the Vacation Rental World Summit. Voting will be open to the public from the 1st to 31st of July. Sign up here to get a reminder to vote.
Recommend the VrTech Startup Competition to young vacation rental companies that deserve the limelight! Tag them in the comments below