1. DATA CONTROLLER AND DPO
Name[sjc1] : RENTALS UNITED AB (‘we’ or ‘us’)
Address: Jungfrugatan 10, Stockholm 114 44,Sweden
Note that RENTALS UNITED AB collaborates with its subsidiaries to provide the Services. These subsidiaries, when applicable, will act as data processors of your personal data. The current subsidiaries are the following:
· RENTALS UNITED SPAIN S.L., which mainly provide RENTALS UNITED AB with marketing services.
· RENTALS UNITED POLAND Zoo , which mainly provide RENTALS UNITED AB with IT services.
We do not have a Data Protection Officer (‘DPO’) since we deem that our data processing activities do not require so. However, we do have a team in charge of safeguarding your privacy, who you can contact by sending an email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
2. DATA COLLECTION
The provision of certain personal data is mandatory in order to be able to contact RENTALS UNITED AB, receive information about the Services we provide and provide the Services.
Any failure to provide such personal data, or failure to accept this data protection policy as a whole, may therefore prevent subscription, registration or receipt of information about such Services.
In addition to the [sjc3] data collected through the form, we may collect and process other personal data such as any other data which may be generated during the use of the Services.
Besides, you may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with RENTALS UNITED AB or a subsidiary.
Taking this into account, we usually process the following type of personal data:
- Company Details
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Number of properties
- Website URL
- Banking information
- Credit Card information
- Managed properties information
- Reservation data
- Your credentials at other Service Providers platforms
- Session data such as: IP, cookies, device tokens, account IDs, passwords, data transmission logs
- Contracts established between you and Service Providers
We do not process special categories of data.
Finally, we may also collect aggregated/anonymous information regarding your activities from our Services. This is non-personal information for analysis purposes. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
· We may collect information such as language, zip/postal code, area code, location, and the time zone where a Service is used or visited so that we can better understand user behaviour and improve our Services and advertising.
· We may also collect information regarding customer behaviour on our website. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our Services are of most interest.
In any event, if we do combine non-personal information with personal information the [sjc4] combined information will be processed as personal information for as long as it remains combined.[sjc5]
3. ACCURACY AND TRUTHFULNESS OF THE DATA PROVIDED
The User who provides personal information to RENTALS UNITED AB is solely responsible for the veracity and correctness of the data included, exonerating RENTALS UNITED AB of any responsibility in this regard.
Users undertake to guarantee, and be answerable for, the accuracy, validity and authenticity of the personal data provided, under all circumstances, and will be responsible for keeping them properly updated. The User agrees to provide complete and correct information when filling in the registration or subscription form.
RENTALS UNITED AB is not answerable for the veracity of any information which it has not created or compiled, or which is derived from external sources. Neither will it assume any responsibility for hypothetical damages that could originate through the use of such information.
RENTALS UNITED AB is therefore extent of responsibility for any loss or damage that the User may suffer as a result of errors, faults or omissions in the information provided by RENTALS UNITED AB when such information comes from sources other than RENTALS UNITED AB.
4. PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING
We will process your data for the following purposes and under the following legal basis:
1. Customer base analysis and product/Services improvement.
We use your data to improve our Services. We do statistical analysis and internal audits on info we collect, qualitative and quantitative. This is based on our legitimate interest.
2. Communication: Commercial Purposes and Customer Retention
We use your data to communicate with business leads & customers. This helps us to keep you informed, including by electronics means, about our latest developments, updates, and news.
This is based on your consent and/or legitimate interest regarding our current clients or potential clients that have shown an interest in us (e.g., our products, Services, newsletter, in a meeting, etc.).
Main communication channels are: Email Marketing and Consultancy Phone Calls.
· Email marketing: Lead Generation Campaigns: Email campaigns with the aim of promoting our product and converting potentially interested leads into paying customers.
· Newsletters: Email campaigns with the aim of updating leads and customers of new features and evolution of our product.
· Consultancy Calls: Phone calls with the aim of promoting our product and convert potentially interested leads into paying customers.
You may opt-out at any time (e.g., sending us an email, clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button in the relevant communication, etc.).
3. RENTALS UNITED AB Service Provision
We use your data to your and RENTALS UNITED AB benefit in order to provide and online Service which helps you establish, organize and automate your business relations with service providers cooperating with us, you and your clients. This is based on the necessity to perform the contract between you and us. For more information, please see our Terms and Conditions.
5. DATA RETENTION
We shall retain your data for as long as our contractual relationship with you is in force in order to manage it correctly and to send you commercial information of interest to you, provided that this is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed. The above default rule will apply unless you request the erasure of your data.
Once the processing of your data is no longer adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed, we will retain your data duly blocked and only for the purposes of discharging potential responsibilities as requested by the regulations. Likewise, we may retain your data in a totally anonymous way so as to render your identification impossible, as a result of which such data will no longer be personal data.
Finally, we wish to inform you that we will take every reasonable step to ensure that inaccurate data is rectified or deleted.
6. RECIPIENTS (DATA DISCLOSURE)
Generally, RENTALS UNITED AB will not disclose your personal information to third parties. However, certain of our data processors need to access your data in order to render the Services. Besides, under certain circumstances, we may be compelled to share your personal data with competent authorities and/or third-parties as set out below.
RENTALS UNITED AB may share your personal information with its subsidiaries (see section 1 above) in order to render the Services. These subsidiaries will act as data processors of RENTALS UNITED AB (data controller).
Besides, RENTALS UNITED AB needs to share personal information with companies which provide services such as information processing, cloud, e-marketing, fulfilling customer orders, payment processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and Services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These third parties will act as our processors, or sub-processors, and will have implemented appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information. Please see below an example of our providers that may have access to your personal data:
- Amazon AWS: cloud hosting provider for RENTALS UNITED AB platform including testing, production and backup environments
- HUBSPOT: Inbound Marketing & Sales Software, as well as main CRM database.
- GSUITE: Productivity and collaboration tools such as Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, Calendar. In short it is a set of web-based applications allowing team users to create, modify and internally share online live data
- MAILCHIMP: Email Marketing Software
- ZENDESK: Ticketing platform for Customer Success Teams
- BITBUCKET: Project Management Tool
- HOTJAR: Software to enhance the user experience via analyzing online user behaviour.
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS: is a freemium web analytics service that tracks and reports website traffic.
- ZOOM: Software for video communication.
- SKYPE: online communication service
- KANBANIZE: project management tool
- TRELLO: project management tool
Furthermore, RENTALS UNITED AB will disclose your personal data if this is required by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public or governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
7. HOW THE USER DATA IS COLLECTED (ORIGIN OF THE DATA)
We generally obtain your data directly from, e.g., via de following means:
· Landing pages
· Live chat
· Other (provided that you have consented or we have a legitimate interest to process your personal data)
8. DECISIONS SOLELY ON THE BASIS OF AUTOMATED PROCESSING, INCLUDING PROFILING
We do not make individual decisions solely on the basis of automated processing which may produce legal effects concerning you or similarly affect you significantly.
9. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
RENTALS UNITED AB only carries out transfers to data processors that provide IT services to RENTALS UNITED AB as it is standard practice in the market (please see Recipient’s section above). Any transfer is based on an adequacy decision or appropriate safeguards.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
1. What rights do you enjoy regarding the processing of your data?
As provided for by the General Data Protection Regulation, we wish to inform you about your right to:
· Access your data. You have the right to access your data in order to find out what personal data we process that concerns you.
· Request to have your data rectified or deleted. In certain circumstances, you will have the right to rectify inaccurate personal data relating to you that is processed by us, or even to request its erasure.
· Request the restriction of the processing of your data. In certain circumstances, you will have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your data by us, in which case, we wish to inform you that we will only retain the data for the exercise or defense of legal claims, as provided by the General Data Protection Regulation.
· Your data portability. In certain circumstances, you will have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit this data to another controller.
· Object to the processing of your data. In certain circumstances and on grounds relating to your particular situation, you will have the right to object to the processing of your data, in which case we will no longer process it unless compelling legitimate grounds exist or for the exercise or defence of possible legal claims.
2. Do you have the right to withdraw your consent?
Yes, you may, at any moment, withdraw your consent regarding the processing of your data for one, several or all of the purposes referred to above. Be aware that, should that happen, our rendering of the Services could be altered or even discontinued totally.
3. Do you have the right to appeal?
Yes, you can appeal to the competent supervisory authority in your place of residence. You may obtain information on how to contact the different supervisory authorities by contacting us. In any event, before starting any appeal, please contact us so that we can settle any discrepancies or disputes in an amicable way.
4. How may I exercise my rights and/or contact RENTALS UNITED AB?
You can exercise your rights at all times. This must be put in writing, accompanied by a copy of your official identity document, and addressed to [RENTALS UNITED AB Postal Address: AV. DIAGONAL 618, 2nd Floor - Location: BARCELONA - Postcode: 08021 - BARCELONA, or by email email@example.com
5. When will we reply to you?
We will reply to your requests as soon as possible and, in any event, within one month. Should we not meet this deadline, please, excuse us and contact us again so that we can deal with and rectify any possible technical error, which may have caused our late reply.
11. BEST PRACTICES, SAFEGUARDS AND ADDITIONAL MEASURES
We are aware of the importance of privacy and data protection regulations. Accordingly, the protection of the security, integrity and confidentiality of our clients and users’ information is very important for us. Therefore, it is our firm intention to act in a responsible way in this regard.
In this context, we have adopted sufficient technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data and to avoid its alteration, loss and unauthorized processing or access, all in conformity with the applicable data protection regulations and the highest market standards.
RENTALS UNITED AB reserves the right to modify this policy to adapt it to legislative or jurisprudential developments, as well as to industry practices. In such cases, RENTALS UNITED AB will announce the changes to be introduced well in advance, with a reasonable timeframe for their proper implementation, on this page.