To get more bookings and increase your revenue, you must list your vacation rental properties on a wide range of sites.
In addition to mainstream channels, you also need to find specialist sites that fit your niche. These might be luxury travel sites if you manage premium properties or wellness sites if you manage a retreat.
However, with so many channels out there, it’s difficult to know where to list your properties to get the most lucrative bookings.
That’s why we’ve created this Channel “Who’s Who” ebook – the ultimate guide to vacation rental channels, with information and exclusive data about 50+ channels. Using our industry expertise, we’ve put together this comprehensive resource where you’ll discover the top vacation rental channels in the world today. Download the channel ebook today and discover the best channels for your business.
Now, we’ll explain the different types of channels you can list on, and how to choose the right channels for your business.
The four “Must-Have” channels
Airbnb, Booking, Expedia and Vrbo are the top four vacation rental channels in the world right now. Every property manager should have their properties listed on these sites, regardless of location or property type.
The majority of the world’s vacation rental bookings come from these sites, and listing on them will give you high visibility and exposure to a large number of travellers.
Mainstream OTAs get a lot of traffic; however, the competition is fierce. In order to stand out from your competitors, you must have:
- A complete listing and profile
- Plenty of high-quality images
- Excellent reviews and ratings
- A good response rate
- Reliable channel connections
Rentals United has verified, official API connections with all the top four channels. Your bookings will sync in real-time, and you’ll never have to worry about double bookings or pricing discrepancies. You can also manage other aspects of your vacation rental business, including guest communication, listing content and more.
Specialist channels in your niche
Discerning travellers are often seeking a specific type of property or experience. Instead of trawling through mainstream OTAs, they prefer to go to a specialist site where they know they’ll find the property and experience they’re looking for.
Specialist channels are on the rise, so it’s more important than ever to list your properties on all the specialist sites relevant to your business. These niche sites can be more profitable and help you attract your ideal guests who are best-suited to your property.
To decide which specialist channels to list on, you need to analyse your unique offering. Understanding what makes your property and location special will help you define your target guests and choose which specialist channels to list on.
Here are some examples of specialist channels:
- Homes & Villas by Marriott presents travellers with a curated selection of luxury private homes.
- Makemytrip is a location-specific site with homes for rent across India
- TheDyrt is the top American booking site for outdoor and camping holidays.
- Golfhōm is a sports tourism site focussing on golfing resorts
Discover all these and many more specialist channels in our ebook. You can connect to them through Rentals United’s channel manager, which makes it easy to diversify your listings across as many sites as possible.
Why should you download the Channel Ebook?
When you download our channel ebook, you’ll get in-depth information about all the key vacation rental channels, including:
- Average daily rate — Find out the average daily rate for bookings on each site. This will help you understand which sites are the most profitable.
- Average length of stay — Knowing the average length of stay will show which sites are more suited for short stays and which ones cater to mid-term stays
- Top performing country/region — Look at the top performing regions to find out which sites are best for your property location
- Customer origin — This tells you where most travellers come from
- Merchant of record — Find out which sites allow you to be the merchant of record for bookings.
- Inventory type — Some sites accept all types of inventory, while others only list certain types of properties.
With this information, you can understand which sites would be best for your business and also benchmark your performance on different sites against average statistics.
Perfect your distribution with channel expertise
Our Channel Ebook gives you all the information you need to make informed decisions about the best channels for your business.
And, since all of the channels in the ebook are Rentals United partners, you can connect seamlessly with our channel manager and list your properties on all of them.
Download your free channel ebook today to perfect your distribution and increase your bookings.