Channel Manager for Vrbo - Extended features
List and manage your holiday rentals automatically
Use Rentals United Channel Manager to automatically manage your property listings on Vrbo, the global marketplace for vacation rentals. Add new listings following a few easy steps or synchronize your existing ones for automatic update. Our Channel Manager updates any change you make in prices, availability or property information, as well as receives bookings and cancellations from Vrbo. Upgraded to match Vrbo's Guaranteed Pricing model.BOOK A DEMO
Benefits of connecting to Vrbo via Rentals United
Connection quality recognised as Preferred Partner since 2018
for rates, availability, photos and property info
Complete sync to add new properties effortlessly
Vrbo Channel Manager Features
- Priority support with Vrbo team
- Changes will be pulled by Vrbo from Rentals United and displayed after 24 hours
- Price per night applies for the Vrbo "Price Consistency Connection" (higher ranking)
- 2-way connection: a booking or a cancellation updates calendars everywhere
- Possibility to set different down-payment just for Vrbo
|Category||Vacation rental site|
|Service Release Date||2000|
|Headquarter Location||Austin, us|
|N of Rentals United properties connected|
|Minimum properties required||5|
|Pricing model||Subscription and Pay-per-Booking|
|Commission||5% of booking subtotal for Pay-per-Booking model|
|What is synced||Rates, Availability, Bookings, Photos, Property Info|
|Onboarding time||2 to 6 weeks|
|Minimum requirements||Minimum Content Quality required. Contact us for more info|
|Sites in network|
|Works best in conjunction with||Rentals United + Stripe + Beyond Pricing|
|Stage of your business journey||Marketing & Distribution|
How it works
- Upload your properties to Rentals United. Add them manually or via PMS / API sync. Go to Services and add Vrbo
- Follow the Checklist with detailed instructions. Please note that you need a minimum of 5 properties to connect
- TRAINING provided for HomeAway. During the 1st month of contract, you have 3 calls with an Onboarding Specialist
- Vrbo works with Guaranteed pricing and only accept price per night. Make sure you have all extra fees set up in Rentals United
- Once the connection is completed, your rates, calendars, bookings and cancellations will update once a day
- Get your first booking via Rentals United.
- Vrbo will send enquiries to your email where you need to answer. You will also be able to read them in your Rentals United dashboard
- Charge the guest's credit card. The details will be saved in Rentals United for 10 days only
- Arrange arrival directly with the guests using the Vrbo messaging platform
- Vrbo will invoice their commission monthly and email the guest for a review after check-out
Why choose Rentals United
The Rentals United - Vrbo connection is the most robust on the market and always up-to-date with the latest features offered by Vrbo.
Rental United connection to Vrbo is optimised for conversions, it includes:
All key property description details incl.
Image captions to accommodate your photos for higher conversion rates
100% amenities and feature values available in Vrbo incl. those related COVID-19 to build traveller trust
Bedding composition - to show your guests which bed is in which room
Set channel markup on top of your RNS prices to experiment with different price levels or just cover channel’s commission
Choose one of Vrbo’s pre-defined cancellation policies or set up your own custom cancellation policies
Define prepayment schedule that fits your business
Minimum prior notification - last minute booking prevention
Rates and availability
99.9% of Vrbo listings powered by Rentals United are Price Consistent making us the global leader in the channel management category. Price consistency means the guest sees the same price throughout the entire booking process. Price Consistency greatly increases conversion rates.
Rentals United utilizes Vrbo’s latest Push Service to ensure your availability and rates are always 100% up to date in the channel. Contrary to typical Vrbo connections where Vrbo updates in 1-4 hourly intervals, the delay between your data in Rentals United and Vrbo remains under 5 minutes.
Extensive fee and tax configurations
the latest LOS-X suitable to mid and long term booking acceptance
Length of stay discounts
100% of Rentals United-powered listings work on Instant bookings
Upon request and agreement with Vrbo, we support Inquiries
Reservation modification and cancellation directly in Rentals United
Are the listings site's commissions included in your pricing?
No, they're not. Some listing sites add their commission on top of the prices you save. These channels want your net rates. Other channels will charge their commission from the prices you save. For the later, you have the possibility to mark your rates up to cover for their commission. We inform you in details how the channels work after you sign-up.
Are other connections included in your pricing?
Rentals United integrates with tech providers that help manage short-term rentals automatically. These providers include Property Management Systems, Payment Providers, Yield Managers and Operational Tools. In order to use them, you have to sign up and contract their services, and pay them separately.
What does your pricing include?
The Rentals United fee includes storing your property info, using the Channel Manager and all of our other tools: Guest Planner, Booking Engine, Guest Communication, Quality Checker, iCal sync and Multi-Calendar. There's no set-up fee: you will get training during the first month of signing up and larger accounts will get a Key Account Manager to help them grow.