1. The Profile Image
We recommend your logo as profile image (how to brand your vacation rental business) but if you don’t have one, you could use an outside picture, a view or your favourite room in the house. Picture must be 600px x 600px even though it will show smaller.
2. The Profile Description
Keep your “Business Name” simple and remember that it will appear in the URL of your Pinterest page. You could optimise this and call it “XXX Vacation Rental” to perhaps gain some google traffic with it.
You could add the different locations where you have your properties – if too many go for “International” or “Worldwide“.
Now link your twitter account (forget about Facebook as Pinterest only allows profile pages to be linked, not business pages) and your website.
3. For the bio these are the best practices:
If you’ve worked on your vacation rental business tag line go add it in the Pinterest bio.
Then tell people what you will pin about:
“We pin about local [LOCATION] recipes, [LOCATION] hidden gems,…”
End with a follow Call-to-Action like:
“Follow us for your next trip to [LOCATION]”
and refrain from asking people to go to your website. You’re on a social network, you’re building relationships.
4. 20 Effective Headlines for your Travel-related Pinterest Boards
Ok this where it gets juicy. Remember you’ll need at least 10, anything under that won’t get you followers. Users will give your page one glance and very quickly decide whether they want to follow you. So those boards need to be glossy, appealing and have a great title!
20 board headlines that work:
Combine these titles with your blog posts and pin pictures that you take yourself!
- Wedding locations in [LOCATION]
- Beautiful wedding photos in [LOCATION]
- Romantic restaurants in [LOCATION]
- Typical [LOCATION] Interior Designs
- Beautiful [LOCATION] gardens
- 10 free things to do in [LOCATION]
- Hidden [LOCATION]
- Things to do [LOCATION] with kids
- Historical Monuments in [LOCATION]
- Typical recipes from [LOCATION]
- Best day trips from [LOCATION]
- Street art in [LOCATION]
- Typical Souvenirs from [LOCATION]
- [LOCATION] on a shoestring
- Only 1 day in [LOCATION]
- Hidden hikes in [LOCATION]
- Best spas in [LOCATION]
- Best brunches in [LOCATION]
- Gorgeous views of [LOCATION]
- Shopping havens in [LOCATION]
and if you cover multiple locations make 10+ boards called “[LOCATION] like a local” and cover all your destinations.
5. Further reading
We found some good resources to help you with your Pinterest marketing: